Tofu Disaster

It is always a craze to eat healthier cook healthier and so forth. We are so crazed about dieting and fat free foods that it consumes our minds. I am not a lot different than many people who follow this craze. I am always trying to find ways to sneak healthier food into our diet, while cutting back on the meat at the same time. I am not a huge meat eater however I married a carnivore. Every meal I try to do without meat the response is always "where's the meat". So... I decided to try a tofu stir fry dish for dinner tonight. It's even better because you get all the benefits from the protein and bone-healthy minerals, but you skip the saturated fat and cholesterol. I have wanted to try cooking with tofu for quite some time but I have always been so nervous.

Finally... I gave it a shot....let me just tell you I totally ruined the dish with my sauce and I think Tyler will never forgive me for this. By that I mean he may NEVER eat tofu again. I know there are plenty of dishes that I could make with tofu that would come out great, I just happened to pick the one that was the WORST!! Tyler was a good sport however and ate the disaster anyway...Lucky for me he will shovel anything down before telling me it's bad bless his heart. Thanks Babe! Not until I say it's bad is it bad:) luckily for him I threw the dish out and we made a pizza instead. Turned out great for him because Pizza is his favorite.

1 comment:

Chelsea and Cody said...

Ah man! What a bummer...I am totally afraid to cook with tofu, too, and I was so excited when I started reading your post! Too bad it didn't turn out. If one does, let me know!