Hurricane

So yesterday there was a hurricane watch! This was a little scary at first because I have never been on an island during hurricane season. Hurricane Earl was headed toward Puerto Rico but luckily turned north and missed the island. We still got a ton of wind and a TON of rain. The streets by our house were all flooded to my knees. I took Tyler to school so I could go to the store and get things in case our power went out from the storm.
To start off you need to know one thing about Puerto Rico, the island is 50x100 miles and there are 4million people on the island, that's right I said 4 million. The majority of which are in San Juan. Everything is crowded, always and there is traffic no matter what time of day it is. (Except Sunday mornings. Back to my point, so I am at the store, it is 7 in the morning and the line for the check out is 1/2 hour long. AHHH! Then, Tyler calls me to come get him so I head off to get him and hit a little traffic.....no A LOT of traffic....no joke I think every car in puerto rico was on the road and they were all heading the same dirrection. I was moving no where! I think my blood started to boil a little bit. The ironic thing about it was just before I had left I finished reading Elder Uchdorf's talk in the conference ensign on patience. It took my two hours, TWO HOURS to pick him up. Normally it is 15 min to get the the school and that is with the typical traffic. I think I could have walked home faster than that!
The up-side to the storm was the waves. We just got back from the beach and it was incredible. The waves were comin up all the way to the hotel. They were huge, Tyler went out surfing for a little while, I tried for a little bit but I couldn't even get past the waves they were so big. They were tossing me around real bad. I still had a blast though. There were so many surfers out there it was way cool to see. Unfortunately I did not get any pictures because we were both in the water. We need a photographer:) Anyone who wants to come visit is more than welcome. It is a blast!

2 comments:

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

I seriously want to come so bad!! It sounds so fun. It was awesome to talk to ya yesterday, I miss you!

Rachel and Codee said...

From tornado watch to hurricane watch... We miss you guys! Be safe out there.